Culture and Cycles
SOB Opera Ride and Tour of the backstage areas of the Santa Fe Opera .
On Saturday, August 13, members can ride to the Santa Fe Opera for a brief presentation and a tour of the backstage areas of the Opera. New and expanded backstage areas have been developed and expanded. A lot to see and learn about how the great operas are produced on the stage. and, it is free! Weekday tours cost money, but this is free.
Here is the plan:
Saturday, August 13
- 7:45 a.m. Meet at the parking lot at Ft. Marcy Recreation Center on Murales Road. If gate is closed, drive 100 yards to top of hill where there is a small parking lot.
- 8:00 a.m.–MUST leave right at 8:00 to ride to top of Old Taos Hwy, regroup on the bridge over US 285. Then zip down service road to Opera.
- 8:30 a.m.–Coffee and muffins provided
- 9:00 a.m.–Presentation and tour. This is a walking tour with some stair climbing
- 10:00 a.m.. Begin return to parking. Riders may want to extend riding further once back up at bridge and Tano Ridge.
Spouses, friends, partners who want to drive to the Opera to join in the coffee, presentation and tour are welcome to do so.