SOB Info Notes, July 26, 2016
The ride this week is to the Villanueva State Park for the C and B- riders and through Villanueva towards I-40 for the other groups. The ride starts at 9:00 am from the I-25 off ramp #232 with a carpool leaving Eldorado’s Agora Center at 8:00. This is one of the clubs favorite rides along the Pecos River through the historic village of Villanueva that dates back to 1711.
Last weeks luncheon was attended by 61 people. The Board members gave updates on the various club activities. The next such meeting will be Oct. 27 at the Awards Luncheon.
There will be a meeting on Aug. 9 for people doing the Santa Fe to Santa Fe, Special Event, Sept. 6-10. Judy Costlow has some openings if you are interested. The planning meeting will be in the small room at Santa Fe Bar & Grill at 1:30.
The SOB team store is closed and the final Patimo jersey order has gone in. It will take 5 to 6 weeks before the items are delivered.
Please note, the Aug 4th rides have several starting points.
- The A riders meet at the back gate of Los Alamos at the bottom of the climb up hwy 4 at 8:30. The ride is to Jemez Springs with the possibility of going to Bernalillo and train back to Santa Fe. Transportation arrangements need to be made by the riders.
- The A- ride (Judy’s Training Rides) has two options:
- Riders meet at South Capitol parking lot at 7:30 and carpool to the Cerro Grande starting point for a 9:00 am start. These riders will ride to Jemez Springs to Bernalillo and train back to Santa Fe’s South Capitol parking area.
- Riders meet at DeVargas Center parking (by Office Depot) and carpool to Cerro Grande for a 9:00 am start. These riders will ride to Jemez Springs Mountain Store and return to Cerro Grande parking.
- The B, B-, and C riders can carpool from DeVargas Center or drive to Cerro Grande parking area for a 9:00 am start. These rides are out and back towards Jemez Springs Mountain Store.
The current membership is: Sponsors – 6, Life Members – 8, Renewals – 115, and New Members – 64 for a total of 193.