We are moving to a fully online membership process for 2018. The new process will be easier for members and for administration. We hope you like it. There are 2 steps: Waiver and Payment. Order is not important. Membership dues for 2018 are $20 via PayPal and $25 if you insist on cash or check.
WAIVER: Everyone must execute a waiver again. Preferably you will do it online.
To sign your 2018 SOB Waiver please follow these simple steps. You do not need to download, print, or scan the form. Just fill out the form below, entering your email address as your signature, which means you have agreed to the waiver. The wording of the waiver has not changed for 2018, only the process for signing the form.
- READ THE WAIVER (below) so you understand what you are agreeing to. At the bottom, fill in the form boxes. Name, date, email address for signature, cell number, select whether you are ok with being listed on the SOB membership list (yes,no), and enter your street address. The date will automatically be set to the current date. The yes / no question defaults to yes but you can change it to no.
- When you are done filling in the form you must Agree to it to submit it. The form will be submitted to the SOBs and you will get an email confirmation.
Santa Fe Seniors On Bikes
Membership Application and Waiver
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, INDEMNITY AGREEMENT (“Agreement”) for Santa Fe Seniors on Bikes and League of American Wheelman dba League of American Bicyclists (“LAB”)
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in Santa Fe Seniors on Bikes (“Club”) sponsored Bicycling Activities (“Activity”) I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of Bicycling Activities and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity. I further acknowledge that the Activity will be conducted over public roads and facilities open to the public during the Activity and upon which the hazards of traveling are to be expected. I further agree and warrant that if, at any time, I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity.
2. FULLY UNDERSTAND that (a) BICYCLING ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS AND DEATH (“Risks”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the conditions in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I may incur as a result of my participation in the Activity.
3. HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the Club, or the League of American Bicyclists (LAB), any of Club or LAB respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the”RELEASEES” herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS. And, I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as the result of such claim.
I AM 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND THAT I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, HAVE SIGNED IT VOLUNTARILY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
I AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID, THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
PAYMENT: Pay your dues online by clicking the Pay Now button below.
NOTE: If you paid with PayPal in 2017, then you signed up for a recurring yearly payment. However, we have decided to move to a simpler process, pay once per year, when you join. So your automatic renewal has been cancelled.
That’s it. When your process has been completed you will get an email within a few days to a week. When you get the email then you will know that all your steps have been completed properly. The email will provide a link to your membership card that you can print out and carry. To truly go online, you can save the membership email on your phone to use at the shop if needed, or take a photo of your membership card and store that on your phone. Or come up with another clever way to avoid printing.
If you cannot or do not want to join online, then click this link to download and print a waiver. Fill it out and bring it to a ride to give to Edwin, BobB, Ian, or Steve. Also to pay offline, bring cash or check for $25 and give it to one of the same people. However, we hope you will take the easy and less expensive way out.